Family STEM Night is now A-STEM Family Night - we've added the Arts! A-STEM Family Night will be held on February 4, from 5:30 to 8:00 p.m. at the Future of Flight Aviation Center. The Future of Flight Foundation is hosting this FREE event that will give you and your family a chance to see some of the amazing STEAM professions and products that are being created and used right in your back yard.
Online registration is available here!
At A-STEM Night we will:
- Engage families in STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts, and mathematics) with fun, hands-on activities.
- Increase public appreciation and understanding of the roles that STEAM plays in our daily lives.
- Introduce children at an early age, and throughout the K-12 spectrum, to the many career opportunities in STEAM.
- Increase the interest of parents, and other caregivers, to encourage children to pursue STEAM careers.
- Provide age appropriate resources to support attendees with the tools to pursue their interests in STEAM career planning and practice.
A-STEM Family Night seeks to help families better understand the world through science, technology, engineering, the arts, and mathematics by introducing parents and children to a range of practical and important skills necessary for a career in these fields:
- Asking questions and seeking answers to these questions.
- Making sense of a problem and designing solutions to address the problem.
- Developing and using models.
- Planning and carrying out experiments and fair tests.
- Making observations, evaluating data, and communicating findings.
- Using a design process to propose or improve a solution.
- Using appropriate tools and techniques to design, build, and test.
- Understanding the relationships between science, technology, engineering, the arts, math, society, and the natural world.
To register yourself or your family to attend A-STEM Night, sign up here!
WE ARE CURRENTLY SEEKING ORGANIZATIONS WHO ARE INTERESTED IN PRESENTING A STEAM ACTIVITY AT A-STEM FAMILY NIGHT. Please complete our Table Host registration form (PDF below).
Table Host Application for A-STEAM Family Night 2015
Businesses and organizations interested in hosting a STEAM activity table at A-STEM family night should complete this form and forward it to Amanda Goertz, Education Director. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or by fax: 425-265-9808. It would be helpful to receive organization registration information no later than January 23.Download