The Institute of Flight relies on the generosity of individuals, corporations, and foundations to achieve our mission - to create engaging educational experiences which highlight aviation, expand the imagination, and encourage innovation. Your contributions make it possible to broaden our impact by inspiring more students to consider STEAM related careers.
The following programs and services subsist solely on grants and donations.
- Education - Our education program offers students in grades 3-12 STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math - plus career exploration) programs which are aligned to common core standards.
- Access to our education programs through our Financial Assistance Program - Thanks to the generosity of our donors, we are able to support students and schools/nonprofits in need.
- Exhibits - Our exhibits encourage visitor interaction and exemplify innovation in relevant aviation-related topics. In 2015 we will be hosting two temporary exhibits, thanks to support of a grant and a donor.
- Research & Development (R & D) - R & D is where our magic begins. Our philosophy is to allocate and protect time for continuous improvement to innovate through high quality educational program development. We are committed to aligning our curriculum, evaluate our programs and services, development strategies and tactics to understand our data and measure our impact. R & D requires a strong blend of knowledge, technology, process and commitment to improving our product.
- Areas of greatest need - Capacity building and support for general operations is critical to expanding our programs and services. The senior staff meet and discuss how to best utilize these gifts.
Would you prefer your contribution to be a designated gift to use for a specific purpose? We look forward to having a conversation with you to see if your interests and our needs align. We accept donations through credit cards, cash/checks, securities, real estate, and personal property. Other options, including deferred giving, are also available.
Contact - Jeffery J. Van Dyck
Institute of Flight